Sunday, August 11, 2013

Cheaper Than Dirt - Not for me!
 
 
Some call it market price, others call it price gouging. I can tell you one thing, no matter what its called this Dallas area online dealer for guns and ammo is not for me. Ok, lets face it, I can sometimes be politically opinionated and this is one of those times. I have checked ammo prices almost every single day since "the crunch" happened and I keep up with supply daily.
 
Cheaper Than Dirt totally lost all my loyal business when they went off all half-cocked during the Sandy Hook tragedy. I don't know if you caught it but right after that happened all their guns were pulled off the web site. When you went to look at a specific gun you got the banner reading Cheaper Than Dirt Does Not Sell Guns. Well they did the day of the shooting! I don't have to agree with everyone, in fact I often gravitate toward people who have different opinions than I do and I can respect someone even if I don't agree with them. Cheaper Than Dirt though is just a cheap con.
 
Shortly after they took all their guns off the web site and the dust settled down a bit, guess what? Yup, Cheaper Than Dirt now sold guns. I am of the opinion they "ran for the hills" during a crisis and then realized someone else was going to keep selling those guns and they didn't want to miss out on the unprecedented gun sales that occurred shortly after that tragic incident. Pretty gutless in my opinion. I could have respected them if they would have taken them down and permanently adhered to their "Cheaper Than Dirt Does Not Sell Guns." Don't be a weenie Cheaper Than Dirt. Its ok to have convictions and stick to them but anyone paying attention to this joke of a business can easily see these guys are only playing the con game.
 
On to my gripe. I have seem almost constant price gouging on Cheaper Than Dirt for ammo. We are talking outrageous prices for some in-stock ammo. Are they maximizing profit or putting the screws to their once loyal customers? You decide. Look at some of the ridiculous prices they are coming out with. They know memories are short. I bet you half or more of the people in the US can't even tell you the name of the school that got shot up. Ammo is starting to come back and I promise you that I for one will continue to spread the word of this shyster group for now on.
 
I personally have talked with several people who have seen the same thing out of them and I am happy to report that almost everyone has commented the same, "... I will never do business with Cheaper Than Dirt again."
 
I will throw an at-a-boy out to Walmart and Academy though. It might still be fairly difficult to purchase 9mm and 22LR ammo from these two but at least when they have it in stock they are not charging one cent more for it than they were before the "crunch." Good going guys and I will remember your actions to even after all the ammo is back in stock.
 
I hope all of you reading this will consider passing Cheaper Than Dirt over in the future.
 
Thanks for thinking about it!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment