Wednesday, October 23, 2013

New Savage 93R17 GV
17 HMR
 
Really pleased with my new birthday present I get back a couple weeks ago. My hopes were that I'd end up with a gun that will get 1/2 MOA at 100 yards. I haven't had a chance to get it out past 50 yards yet but it is showing great promise out of the box. Don't have a 100 rounds through it yet nor have I done a trigger job or played with stock torque yet.
 
I am having trouble with the scope I have on there. Seems to be holding zero but doesn't have positive clicks and if I move it one click left which should only move it 1/8" at 50 yards seems to move it quite a bit more. Also the elevation seems to change when I only adjust the windage on it.
 
Its getting groups under 1/4" at 50 yards so I am hopeful that I'll get the gun to 1/2 MOA @ 100 yards.
 
Sweet shooter and I am still running ammo test but I didn't expect this good right out of the box.
 
Here are a couple pics. I will do a complete review and range report before too long. The top target is 3 shot groupings and the bottom target is a 5 shot grouping.
 
The first 3 shot grouping came in at less than a 1/10th of an inch grouping. That scale I am sure won't hold out at 100 yards but boy how great would that be if it did. I'd sure love to have a 1/4 MOA gun. I am not betting on that but hey I can always hope.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment